This is an in-house legal counsel position for a UAE company. The counsel will be required to provide legal advice and services with respect to our company’s daily business matters, including without limitation researching cases, drafting contracts, developing diverse corporate procedures, managing budgets, ensuring regulatory compliance, drafting codes of conduct, litigating course cases and facilitating corporate mergers.
Specific Job Summary and Expected Contributions
Primary responsibilities of this counsel will include:
- Providing timely practical legal advice and services to the business team.
- Efficiently managing a large volume of legal matters, negotiating numerous standard and complex corporate and commercial agreements for the company's business operations in UAE while balancing appropriate legal, regulatory and business risks.
- Assisting and advising business team on establishing each group company's structure, policies, objectives and procedures for its business operations.
- Researching and resolving legal disputes through the analysis of relevant laws, argument development, evidence collection, and legal representation.
- Drafting, reviewing, completing, and filing legal paperwork related to business operations.
- Examining and reporting any potential or existing legal issues to the relevant authorities.
- Rapidly assessing potential legal and compliance risks, benefits and consequences of decisions, presenting alternatives and proposing solutions to achieve business objectives while skillfully managing legal and practical business considerations.
- Interfacing directly with client, vendor and other third party legal, procurement and contracting representatives, as well as internal management and staff.
- Qualified to practice law in a third country and registered in UAE as Legal Advisor.
- 5-7 years UAE law practice with leading multinational or domestic law firm or law firm plus in-house combination experience.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong research and written skills.
- Good organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, knowledgeable, and persuasive, with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent bilingual language skills and ability to practice law in both English and Chinese.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org